Monday 18 August 2014

Sober Is The New Black (SITNB) on the Big Screen?

As well as writing a book, most of us dream of having it made into a movie; and of course, it becoming a huge overnight hit. I am no different and wondered how best to pitch SITNB to movie makers.

'SATC' meets 'When a man loves a women'!!

'Sliding doors' meets '28 days' ??

And so to the leading lady. While I'd love to be like Meg Ryan or Gwyneth Paltrow, neither portray a character anything like me. So who would be like me? The answer is difficult because at one end of the spectrum is (the real) me. I am no thespian so a debut breaking through performance is not on the cards and more importantly, I'm too unremarkable to be in the movies.

I'm average height or slightly smaller
I'm average weight or slightly bigger
I have medium brown, medium length hair
I'm pale and don't usually wear make up.      

With all due respect to myself, for the movies that is all just too boring. (I know stage and film make up can be transforming but there are limits.)

Should it be someone who is remotely like me? Or will the actress take on the story, becoming 'Rachel' personified to the exclusion of the mundane detail of reality?

What do you think?
Who would you choose to play you in a movie of your life?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Go on, spill.

Follow @SoberRachel