Monday 10 February 2014

Point of change

After 11 months of sobriety and a 10lb weight gain I will be drawing the line under it tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. 
I'm going ahead with removing refined sugar from my diet. The last book I read on it was full of surprisingly familiar sound bites:
Don't take the first bite
Choose not to, just for today
It's not giving up, it becoming freed from
You cannot be deprived of something that makes you feel so bad. 
It gets easier and soon you will no longer miss sweet stuff. 

I don't believe it all really, but then neither did I believe I could give up wine at first. So maybe it will get easier and I will be freed from my sweet stuff deprivation, control, binge cycle. I'm so fed up of it ( read sick and tired of being sick and tired) that I'm wiling to do it. Starting tomorrow ( after my long weekend). Perhaps I'll fall off the sugar wagon a few times too before I stick with it but this is definitely the beginning of the end. 
Wish me luck. 

1 comment :

Go on, spill.

Follow @SoberRachel