Friday 23 May 2014

Superb Poem

I am shamelessly re-posting here a poem that someone included for me in their reply to an article I wrote on Soberistas.com called Banishing the Booze
It reflects the state of mind we have at all stages of Giving Up anything that is causing a problem in our lives, yet cannot easily be removed. For alcohol I am very pleased to say I am now, a 5. I'm on a different street.
For my disordered over-eating, I am a 2. Sometimes I am a 3, but usually I'm a 2. Still, a work in progress. Hope you enjoy it. Rx

1) I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I fall in
I am lost… I am hopeless.
It isn’t my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.
2) I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in.
I can’t believe I’m in the same place
But it isn’t my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.
3) I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I see it is there.
I still fall in…it’s a habit
My eyes are open
I know where I am
It is my fault
I get out immediately
4) I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I walk Round it.
5) I walk down another street

No comments :

Post a Comment

Go on, spill.

Follow @SoberRachel